It’s a great week too Autumn boys – it is free to play, and is set to launch on Xbox and Nintendo Switch at the same time.
The new season of Fall Guys is aptly named Season 1: Free for all. It is a kind of reset, and introduces a new currency and season card that players can enjoy.
To help you stay up to date when Fall Guys launches a free-to-play model, you’ll find everything you need to know about the new season below, from how the new currency works, to ways to earn rewards on through pre-registration.
On this page:
Fall Guys free-to-play, Xbox and Switch launch time estimates
UPDATE (09:30): And we’re apparently alive! Despite the fact that Mediatonic has not officially announced that it is up, we can log in on PS4, Xbox and PC respectively.
If you can not log in yet, here are the latest update notes for Fall Guys, and a new gameplay trailer for the season:
ORIGINAL REPORT: Fall Guys Season 1: Free For All has a June 21 release date on PlayStation, Xbox, PC and Nintendo Switch. This is when the game becomes free to play, and sees the release of a bunch of new content, as well as adjustments to existing systems.
Although the exact launch time for Fall Guy’s free-to-play has not yet been announced by developer Mediatonic, the counter in the game for the current season to end is as follows:
- United Kingdom: 13.00 (BST / United Kingdom)
- Europe: 14.00 (CEST / Western Europe)
- East Coast USA: 08.00 (EST / East Coast USA)
- West Coast USA: 05.00 (PST / West Coast USA)
This is consistent with previous updates, such as hotfixes or major updates that add things like Jump Showdown, where Fall Guys tend to update in the afternoon UK time.
Why is there no exact time? According to Mediatonic, they want to make sure that “there are no gremlins in the system” first. In any case, it will probably be in the UK’s working hours today, provided everything goes smoothly.
Hold up for tomorrow!
We do not post the exact time of our updates, so we can confirm that there are no gremlins in the system
If you open the game before we announce anything, you can see:
👀 No new challenges
👀 No new performance
👀 The store is not updated
👀 Potato (hopefully not!) pic.twitter.com/s4zhXQr0vw
– Autumn boys … FREE FOR EVERYONE TODAY! 👑 (@FallGuysGame) June 20, 2022
What’s new in season 1: Free for all?
To tie in with the release on the Nintendo Switch, Xbox and Epic Games Store, Fall Guys is going through a reset. This means that the new season is actually season 1: Free for all. There is a lot of new content, in addition to some changes in how things like currency and season tickets work.
Here is what to expect:
- New platforms: Fall Guys launches on Nintendo Switch, Epic Games Store and Xbox consoles June 21st. The game will also be removed from Steam from this date, but existing players will not be affected.
- Season 1: Free for all: The game will be free to play. Cross-platform games and progression will also take effect, allowing you to play with players on other platforms
- PS5 version: Launched June 21, with faster loading times and performance upgrades on the way.
- Older package: For players launching Fall Guys before June 21, this includes a nickname, name tag, Regal costume, Veggie Dog costume, Feisty Dwarf costume – and season 1 season pass!
- Show money, new currency that can be used to buy the season ticket
- Pre-registered rewards, for players who want to pre-register for the new season. You will get a bunch of exclusive rewards.
Good luck in this autumn’s boys season 1: Free for everyone!